Tuesday 24 January 2012

Presentation

19/01/12
Today was the day of the presentation, and oh my word I have never been so nervous about presenting a pierce of work in my life! The reason is unknown to me but I'm glad it's over and done with now. All the work we had done seemed to be worth it and over all it went well. It could have gone better but at the same time it could have gone a lot worse so I'm pleased with what we presented.

Our team was meant to present at 3:45pm but due to technical difficulties and the fact other people were running over we didn't end up presenting until 4:40pm. In a way this was great because it gave us more time to run over our presentation but at the same time it was a burden because I just wanted to get it over and done with. The waiting is most possibley the worst part.

We ran over our presentation again and with it still lasting not within the 15 time frame it was obvious that either some stuff would have to be cut out during the presentation or we were going to have to rush some of our content. When we were told that people were being stopped at 15 minutes or were just given an extra couple of minutes to wrap up their presenation this worried us, especially me. It got me panicing about the out come because I really just wanted it to go well, but now i felt more under pressure.

Once we finally got called in to do our presentation my nervous subsided for a brief moment as we chatted with the panel. Then we started and I could feel my tongue drying up and my words clogging in my throat. There were a few stumbles upon my behalf but i feel the rest of the team did quite well. Once the last words were mentioned I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders. The panel seemed to think we brought up some good points and had a good conclusion so this could be a sign that it went well. We'll just have to wait until the feed back is sent out.

I think I need to try and become more confident in my formal presenting, and this can only come with experience and practice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment